A descriptive essay is the way of portraying a situation or an physical object (or subject) through the use of a natural language (such as English). It makes use of sensory details and it is usually structured spatially.
Software development is the development of a software designed for a purpose through computer programming. It makes use of the logical representation of ideas and there are several ways to structure it.
Some suggested steps for the development of an essay:
- Determine the topic and its scope.
- Brainstorm some ideas approaching the topic.
- Evaluate these ideas based on criteria like relevance, ability to explain it, ways of describing it etc. Use a cutoff threshold to reject not so good ideas.
- Put an order of presentation of these ideas.
- Specify the details of the ideas that are going to be used.
- Write the introduction.
- Write the body paragraphs.
- Write your conclusion.
- Refine iteratively.
Some ideas to help you through these steps:
- Think about what you could write.
- Think about why you should write about something.
- Have you written enough? Is there anything missing?
- Rinse and repeat.
Some suggested steps for the software development: Look above.